Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas came early this year

Last week, I went to anthropology to get my final present for the blake family christmas. When I walked into the store they had my favorite couch on sale for about 85% off the floor model. I could hardly believe it. I asked if this was the price of the pillows on the couch and they said no it was the couch. I asked how much was on my gift card I had and sure enough there was enough money for the couch and the sunflower pillows that were on the clearance rack.


Not only did I get a fablous Christmas present early, but we also had the Blake Christmas early since my sister in law from texas is pregnant and won't be able to make it for December. We had a wonderful time being together this weekend. It was an emotional Christmas especially since Paul's dad had another heart attack and his mom went into the ER with heart attack symptons just last month. We were all very thankful to be with each other and healthy. The Lord suprised us when we woke up to our Christmas morning with snow so we even had a white Christmas.
The kids had a fun time playing in the snow:






















Noah enjoyed opening up and playing with his presents more this year.




























Harrison's favorite gifts was a lego with his name on it and spending time with his cousin Landon who he doesn't get to see that often:
















I will leave you with a picture of my niece Cassie as a reminder of the reason for the season:







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute couch and pillows...is it comfy? Our couches' #1 requirement is that they have to be nap-worthy. I love the pictures above it and the red wall that makes it stand out. Great deal, too! Love you!

Lauren Blake said...

oh yeah it is super comfy, it is all down. it is big enough to fit two snuggling comfortable and way big enough to take nap or do your quiet time with your book all spread out on it.

Maasen said...

i like the photo of Noah in his tool belt