Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Noah




Yesterday was Noah's birthday. He is such a blessing to us. It is hard to believe he is already three. I call hadassah noah by mistake all the time because it seems like the other day he was her size. The picture above is when I had Noah and then the next one is him when I had Hadassah. A couple of weeks ago, we were at lunch and noah prayed and I said "Noah are you praying to Jesus?." He said , "Yeah but where is He?" I said He is here you just can't see Him. He said "Where?" I said "He lives inside of you" He said "In my belly?" I said "No, in your heart." I reminded him that when we take communion which we try to do a couple of times a week together we pray "Lord thank you for your body and blood, forgive me, heal me and fill me" when we say fill me we are asking Him to come into our heart. I asked Him if he wanted to ask Him to come into His heart again. He said "Yes" so we prayed together. Noah grasped the concept more than I thought and all on his own a few weeks later started singing this song about Jesus in my heart I just happened to catch it on video. (Paul in the video is actually just as funny to watch as noah)












Thinking about this later, it would have been more actuate to say the Holy Spirit lives in our hearts but I got caught up in the moment. I have explained it more to Him since then. I was thinking about not telling him yesterday that it was his birthday since we are going to do his party when my parents come back in town in a couple of weeks but I couldn't contain myself, I gave him a big hug and said Happy Birthday. I asked him how old he was today and put up his three fingers and he said "I am three right now"




Then I decided maybe it would be good for all of us to go and do some of Noah's favorite things. So I made him mac and cheese for lunch then after his nap we picked up Harrison from his mom's and took them to chick fil a so Noah could play and get his happy meal, then we went to T Rex to get some dinosaurs, and then Cold stones for pink ice cream.We walked around the Legends area and found a big fountain for the the boys to play in.










It sounds like a good time but the reality is I couldn't stop thinking about Wyatt and apparently Harrison was having a hard time too because right when we got home he started crying really hard and asked to go back to his mom's. The night progressed and Noah wouldn't go to bed, he kept wanting me in his room with him and would cry when I would leave all the while Hadassah kept crying and wouldn't stop. Once Noah got to bed, I decided to get in the car and see if it wouldn't help Hadassah calm down. I was at a total melting point. Tears pours down and thoughts went in every which way direction. I called my dear friend Ali from Florida she listened and prayed for me. I can't tell you how much that phone call meant to me. Thanks for talking, Ali, even though it was midnight to you.



So this morning, I woke up and got a message from one of my best friends from college and she told me her mom is now on hospice. I have blogged about her situation before. http://noahcalebblake.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html
Please keep Nicole Berry's family and her mom and dad in your prayers during this difficult time.



I also realized that today is Art and I's anniversary. We would have been married 7 years today. Here is one of my favorite picture of him from our wedding.




I miss him so much still but I am thankful that Wyatt and Zeke are getting to be with him right now. Since we weren't able to have kids together and that was such a desire of his heart, maybe he has some role in heaven of raising them up to be a mighty warriors. All of this to say, we could still really use your prayers for our family.







8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday sweet Noah! Aunt Coley loves you! Lauren...you are on my heart and in my prayers, along with your family. Wish I was closer to be able to help out during this difficult time for you guys.

Sarah said...

Lauren, you and your family are in my prayers. love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Wow, seeing that photo of Art brought up feelings I wasn't prepared for--admiration mixed with sorrow, I think. What a great man he was. I hope you are well, Lauren. Love, Allison

mountain girl said...

Happy Birthday to Noah from Zia!

Dave and Beth Saavedra said...

Loving, loving, loving you, lady. And continuing to send frequent prayers. Your family is so beautiful (love the video of your guitar-playin' guys) and I know that you treasure them even more than most people because of the path you have walked. You are the Beloved. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your blogs - I love reading them.

Paul

The Brown Family said...

Lauren - you are so precious to us - thank you for sharing everything on the blog - we feel like we are right there with you and your family. We are praying and it is all so heartbreaking - thank you for expressing what we are feeling. love you so - mom

The Brown Family said...

feeling sad and missing you all so went to the blog again to see you and read...love you all so much. mom