Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Steadfast Love

Today I went to Zeke's grave since it is the one year anniversary of him going to be with the Lord. While there I was really hoping the Lord was going to speak to me. After Paul and I thanked the Lord for creating Zeke, allowing us to have the time we did with him, and providing a way for us to be with him for eternity, I waited silently for the Lord to speak. I felt like I heard him say, "My love is steadfast". This was not what I was expecting to hear. He feels more like a mystery and whirlwind than steady right now. It wasn't until right now before I am going to bed that I feel like He brought clarity on what He meant today.

I changed the background of my blog to daisies. They are one of my favorite flowers and the Lord reminded why as I lay here in bed. It was some years ago when the Lord gave me a picture of a daisy and me picking off the petals saying, "He loves me, He loves me not." He stopped me and said "No it is: He loves me. He loves me. He loves." Then I started to think about it.. His love is steadfast because ...
He loves me
even when my heart is hurting
He loves me
even when my tears blur my vision of Him
He loves me
even in my confusion
He loves me
even in my over analyzing situations
He loves me
even in my doubt and distrust
He loves me
even when I don't feel close to Him
He loves me
even if I don't have it all together
He loves me
even when my stomach is in knots
He loves me
even when my thoughts are all over the place
He loves me
even when I don't have the right words to pray or say
He loves me
He loves me
He loves me
And because of this I am overcome with His love tonight and I say back... I love you Father, I love you Jesus, I love you, Holy Spirit.

8 comments:

justjess said...

That's beautiful Lauren

Carlye said...

thank you for sharing your heart, Lauren. how precious and how true! what a wonderful reminder.
May He bless you today.

Susan said...

Thanks for continuing to open your heart and share your journey with us. It's such a blessing.

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing this truth!What a wonderful promise! It reminds me of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoC1ec-lYps

Allison said...

Thank you. I love you. I am so glad I SAW YOU YESTERDAY AND SPENT A LITTLE BIT OF TIME WITH YOU EVEN THOUGH IT WAS AT THE GAME! IT WAS STILL TIME AND I CHERISH IT!!!!

Kait said...

I have a tear down my cheek after that...

Anonymous said...

I remember the daisy and praise God for giving you this beautiful picture of His love....i love you too Lauren - mom

Emily Miles said...

Lauren, thank you for writing about His steadfast love. It is so good to hear that he loves us just as we are. :)