( don't worry this picture is not risky my mom is holding her up from behind)
Monday, October 4, 2010
Things I love about Chicago!
1) Shopping at Anthropology with Oma! It is so much fun to shop with her! She has great taste and is full of smiles, laughs and compliments. Thanks again for everything. I have been enjoying my new clothes (I got several comments on the skinny jeans)!
2) Eatting at Art and I's favorite resturant Wild Fire. I was so glad Art's dad is feeling better and was able to join us and meet Hadassah. She was quite taken with him.
3) Walking around downtown and being able to find several unique non chain resturants to eat at that have outside seating. I enjoyed a beautiful Italian dinner with a dear friend of my Leslie and her fiance Adam. It was so good to catch up after not seeing each other for four years.
4) The parks... in the midst of the busy city there are some amazing parks to get away from everything. This visit I went to the newly done millenium park. The have a cool cloud gate structure which is like a mirror that shows the reflection of the city and those around it... (can you find me in it ? )

( don't worry this picture is not risky my mom is holding her up from behind)
Hadassah enjoyed the park too!
5) The river... I love the fact that Chicago has so much water around it with the river in the middle of the city and lake shore on the outside of it. One of my favorite things to do when I lived there was to ride my bike or rollerblake by lake shore drive. Here I am with my adorable mom.
6) The skyline and the history of the city. I sometimes try to imagine what it would be like to live in the city in different time periods. Maybe that is why I like the skyline because each building tells a story of history and having them together is kind of like having a scrapbook of Chicago in a weird sort of way.
( don't worry this picture is not risky my mom is holding her up from behind)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I think you are a good blogger - nice usage of photos and captions. :)
Paul
Chicago looks GRAND... I never had the desire to go, but after your blog Mia and I were like: "It'd be cool to go to Chicago!" Thanks! DL
I adore Chicago and we luckily have friends that live there, so we get to see the "windy city" every now and then. Those pics are great - love seeing your Chicago family! And by the way...I agree, Anthropologie is the best store on the PLANET. Blessings!
I like the picture of the clouds and your creative way of capturing images! Nice work. I also enjoyed reading what you had to say. It gives me a little more insight to who you are and what makes you tick.
Love your pictures Lauren! Hadassah is growing so much! And your mom IS adorable :) How fun to get to see Leslie (I didn't know she was back and engaged!) I am so proud of you for continuing your sweet relationship with the Olsen's.
Wow, looks like you're having a great time! I love the pic of Hadassah at Millenium Park! Her dress is really cool too...I'm sold on anything with leaves.
Post a Comment